Are you interested in a career in the retail industry?
If you are 17-29, unemployed and looking for an entry level job in the retail industry, this program is for you. Retail Career Pathway, PEAK Basics program is a free, 16 weeks training and work placement program that helps youth secure a career in the retail customer service sector.
To qualify, you must be:
- 17-29 years old at time of registration and a resident of Ontario
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalency and Grade 10 English or CLB 6
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed (up to 20 hours of work a week)
- Not currently participating in another training/educational program
- Committed to pursuing a career in the retail industry
- OW/ODSP recipients are welcomed
What's in it for you:
- Determine your fit with the retail sector
- Prepare for work in this competitive industry
- Enhance your self-confidence and ability to work in a team
- Earn a salary while gaining new skills
- Get certificates with the Retail Council of Canada, OTEC and Accenture
For more information please contact the Program Coordinator at 416-439-9009.