The Retail Pathway PEAK BASICS Program provides the skills training and support to prepare and equip participants with the necessary skills training for work in the retail industry. This is a new program for unemployed youth aged 17-29 who face multiple barriers to employment and training.
• 17-29 years old at time of registration and a resident of Ontario
• Minimum grade 12 or equivalency and Grade 10 English or CLB 6
• Eligible to work in Canada
• Unemployed or underemployed (up to 20 hours of work a week)
• Not currently participating in another training/educational program
• Committed to pursuing a career in the retail industry
• OW/ODSP recipients are welcomed
Participants will receive:
• 4 weeks pre-employment training to promote job readiness
• Counselling, mentorship, and wrap around support that participants will need to be successful in the program and in their careers
• Essential skills training and job shadowing
• 12-weeks of secure paid placement
• Participants will earn a Certificate of completion
Support provided includes:
• Assessments of participants’ needs throughout the program
• Literacy training, writing and communication skills and academic upgrading as needed
• Development of communication and teamwork skills
• Community support by means of financial aid, housing, childcare and counselling to facilitate successful completion of the program
For more information contact Marlene Dlin at 416-439-9009 ext 256 or email@example.com.
Check out TropicanaEmployment.ca for more employment programs and information.
This program is funded by United Way of Greater Toronto.